How To Access Orbi Router Settings: Follow These Step-by-Step Instructions


More than 60% of Netgear users don’t know how to access Orbi router settings whereas the rest 40% are having a peaceful life as they have optimized the mesh systems settings. Do you belong to the first lot? Well, worry not! After you walk through the information provided in this write-up performing orbilogin and tweaking the desired setting of the router will become the easiest task for you. So, here we go.

How to Access Orbi Router Settings: Steps

Before you head over to access the admin panel of your mesh router, we would like you to have a few details and things in your hands. You must be having an Ethernet cable available. You should also write down the login details of the router somewhere so that they can be used as soon as you need them. Now, read the steps given below to access the settings of your router.

Step 1: Create a Hardwired Connection

  1. First things first, pick the available Ethernet cable.
  2. The cable is supposed to be intact.
  3. Now, insert one end of the Ethernet cable into the jack of your router and another into the extender.
  4. You must be very sure that the connection created by you is strong.

Step 2: Open a Web Browser

  1. After connecting your WiFi devices, consider loading an internet browser on your computer or laptop.
  2. The chosen browser can be Chrome, Edge, or Safari.
  3. But, make sure that you’ve not selected an outdated one and it should be free of cookies.

Step 3: Visit

  1. Now, locate the address field of the internet browser.
  2. Once there, type the address and press the Enter key.
  3. You can also use the Orbi IP address instead of the web URL.
  4. The login page of the router will show up in a few moments.

Step 4: Input Password and Username

  1. Two blank fields labeled Username and Password will appear on the screen.
  2. Enter the required details.
  3. Keep in mind that the Orbi admin info is case-sensitive in nature.
  4. Select Log In.

Step 5: Tweak the Desired Settings

  1. Hitting Log In will take you to the Status page of the Orbi device.
  2. Click the respective tab to make changes to your home network settings.
  3. Save the changes.
This is how to access Orbi router settings. Just in case you are confused about how to navigate to the desired tab, then let us illustrate this with the help of an example of enabling Orbi parental control on the WiFi router.

How to Enable Parental Controls on Orbi Router?

Step 1: Select Parental Controls

  1. After you log in to your mesh router, select Parental Controls under Settings.
  2. Now, click the Add New Profile option.
  3. Enter the name of the profile.
  4. Select the profile type.

Step 2: Select Devices

  1. You will then be welcomed by the list of devices connected to your Orbi.
  2. The list will show devices that are online as well as offline.
  3. Select the devices that you want to allow access to.
  4. Click Continue and confirm your selection.
Congratulations! Parental controls are now active on your mesh WiFi router. All the subjected devices will no longer be able to use the internet during restricted hours or won’t get access to certain websites.

Everything Considered

That’s all about how to access Orbi router settings. Here, you got to learn step-by-step instructions to reach the web-based management panel of your WiFi router. Not only this, but we also shed light on the steps to subject a particular device to Orbi Parental controls. Now, we are expecting that you will be able to tweak the desired setting of your WiFi router with the help of the information given here.

However, before signing off, we would like to inform you that managing the mesh network is a way easy with the aid of the Orbi mobile application. You can get the app from the app store of your mobile phone. But, make sure that you use the updated version of the app only.

Post a Comment